Carnitine is a substance that helps the body turn fat into energy. Your body makes it in the liver and kidneys and stores it in the skeletal muscles, heart, brain, and sperm. Usually, your body can make all the carnitine it needs. Some people, however, may not have enough carnitine because their bodies cannot make enough or can’t transport it into tissues so it can be used. Some other conditions, such as angina or intermittent claudication, can also cause low levels of carnitine in the body, as can some medications, Royal flush!
L-Carnitine elevates the amount of carnitine stored in your muscles resulting in fat loss and more energy are two of these benefits, but taking carnitine is known to improve all of the following:
- High-intensity work capacity
- Increase athletic performance
- Speed your recovery from intense exercise
- Make your brain work better
- Prevent oxidative stress that leads to longer-term health problems such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and chronic inflammation