As we enter the holidays and the flu season, we find ourselves becoming exposed to an avalanche of germs. Now add the stress of heavier traffic, larger crowds everywhere and less rest and you now have an immune system that has come under assault.
- Load up on sunflower seeds! They are not only rich in vitamin E but also the seeds help your immune system create antibodies that bind to viruses and then assist your body in eliminating them.
- Red bell peppers are a top source of vitamin C. Cup for cup, they have almost double the amount of oranges. This is essential for cold fighting and fatigue since it helps your body make the white blood cells needed to battle an invading infection.
- Blend wheat germ into your smoothies for a dose of zinc. Studies show that this mineral lessens the severity and duration of colds. Like vitamin C, zinc helps your body produce white blood cells, the frontline soldiers of your immune system.
- Brazil nuts are a great source of selenium. This mineral helps your body make infection fighting cells known as cytokines. Just munching on two regular sized nuts delivers your recommended daily dose.
- Chopped fresh herbs such as basil, rosemary and oregano contain anti-inflammatory, infection fighting compounds that can give your immune system a lift.
- Avocados have disease fighting antioxidants and healthy monounsaturated fats which help your body absorb immune boosting vitamins.
You may also want to consider an Immune Booster IV to enhance your weakened immune system. This IV has high dose Vitamin C, B12, B Complex, B6, B5, Calcium, Magnesium, L-Glutathione, Zinc, Selenium, Copper and Manganese. We welcome you to stop by the iVitamin Bar at Utopia Wellness, hop into a comfy massage chair and boost your immune system today!