What is Thyroid Cancer?
The thyroid gland is shaped like a butterfly and is located in the front of your neck. It makes hormones that regulate the way your body uses energy and that help your body work normally.
Thyroid cancer is an uncommon type of cancer. Most people who have it do very well, because the cancer is usually found early and the treatments work well. After it is treated, thyroid cancer may come back, sometimes many years after treatment.
Signs and symptoms of Thyroid Cancer?
Thyroid cancer can cause several symptoms:
- You may get a lump or swelling in your neck. This is the most common symptom.
- You may have pain in your neck and sometimes in your ears.
- You may have trouble swallowing.
- You may have trouble breathing or have constant wheezing.
- Your voice may be hoarse.
- You may have a frequent cough that is not related to a cold.
Some people may not have any symptoms.
Traditional treatment options for Thyroid Cancer
What treatment you need depends on your age, the type of thyroid cancer you have, and the stage of your cancer but may include surgery, radiation and chemotherapy.
Utopia Wellness’ Intensive Medical Program for Thyroid Cancer
Thyroid Cancer is a very stressful diagnosis and your Utopia Wellness team understands this. We work with you to design a customized holistic plan to ensure you have the most effective alternative treatments for your specific cancer.