The Candida and Allergies Connection
April 11th, 2016 by Admin in Information
Allergies are actually our body just trying to defend itself from perceived threats. Allergies are controllable when the irritating factors are removed and the agitated immune system is soothed. Our bodies cannot completely stop the histamine reactions for presumed threats, because these reactions result from the immune system doing its job.
Since most allergies are yeast related, following a Candida protocol can reduce immune stress and inflammation caused by the yeast in order to achieve greater immune strength.
If you are suffering from allergies, complete the questionnaire below to determine if they are possibly candida related.
- 4 Points Have you taken repeated or prolonged courses of antibacterial drugs?
- 3 Points Have you had or do you have recurrent vaginitis, prostatitis, urinary tract infections, vaginal or anal itching?
- 2 Points Have you had or are you currently being treated for Candida; do you feel “sick all over”, yet the cause hasn’t been found?
- 2 Points Have you had or do you have cravings for sweets, desserts, sugar, beer, liquor, wine, rice or potatoes; mood swings, menstrual irregularities, sexual dysfunction or fatigue/lethargy?
- 2 Points Have you had or do you have post nasal drip, sinusitis, pressure behind your frontal sinuses, recurrent ear infections, occasional wheezing, frequent tearing or burning eyes; are you unusually sensitive to tobacco smoke, perfumes, colognes and other chemical odors?
- 2 Points Have you had or do you have poor or deteriorating memory, diminished ability to concentrate or sometimes feel “spaced out”?
- 2 Points Have you taken or are you taking prolonged courses of steroids or have you taken oral contraceptives for more than three years?
- 1 Point Have you had or do you have frequent heartburn or do some foods disagree with you or trigger your symptoms?
- 1 Point Have you had or do you have constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloating or excessive flatulence after meals?
- 1 Point Have you had or do you have skin irritations, occasional hives, psoriatic outbreaks, chronic rashes; does your skin itch, tingle or burn or is it unusually dry?
- 1 Point Have you had or do you have nail fungus, white spots on your tongue or blisters in your inner mouth or tongue; do your symptoms worsen on humid/damp days or in moldy places?
- 1 Point Have you developed new allergies of any type as an adult?
- 1 Point Have you had surgery?
If your score totaled 9 points or more, Candida Albicans is most probably contributing to your allergy and other health issues.
Eating a candida reducing diet along with detoxification reduces excess swelling and fluid accumulation in your tissues, which will in turn reduce seasonal allergies symptoms. An understanding of the candida and allergies connection can allow you to gain control over your symptoms and enjoy good health indoors and outdoors.